Level 1 and 2 (Beginner and Intermediate levels) include:
- Classical and contemporary Mat exercises (Beginner & Intermediate levels) for people of all ages and abilities
- Pilates History and Principles
- Embodied understanding of functional anatomy and application to teaching the exercises
- Applying modifications and adding progressions for clients of all ages and capabilities
- Adaptations for clients with different conditions
- Using Small Equipment to progress and challenge clients for beginner mat work level (Fitness Circle, Foam Roller, and Toning Balls).
- Teaching skills and Program Design
- Free access to as many group mat classes to observe and take during the teacher training program (*a minimum requirement is necessary for completion of the program)
- Internship hours teaching in the studio and outside the studio
- Pr-requisite reading, homework assignments, and self-practice hours
- Practical teaching and written exam
- 5 Hours: Introduction to the Muscular/Skeletal System and embodied understanding of how the body moves safely and efficiently
- 36 Hours of Teacher Training Modules
- 15 Observation (minimum 15 hours, more are encouraged, no extra cost)
- 15 Internship teaching hours in studio and outside studio. A minimum of 10 hours must take place within the studio. (minimum of 15 hours required, more are encouraged)
- 15 Hours of Mat Group classes (minimum 15 hours, more are encouraged, no extra cost)
- 4 Hours Mentored Practice Teaching 2 hours will be within the Teacher Training modules, 2 will be outside the modules)
- Self-Practice: 35 hours of self-practice
- 2 Hours for review/ Miscellaneous
- 3 – 7.5 Hours of Workshops (Anatomy based) mandatory to take at an additional cost to the Teacher Training. (50% off the regular price of the workshops will be offered to all teacher trainees). *Minimum of 2 workshops are required, more are encouraged. 50% discount will be applied until completion of exams.
- Written and practical exam in the studio (1 hour for practical teaching exam, as many hours as needed for written exam)
*Additional reading material and homework assignments done outside of class time. Assigned reading and homework to be completed before advancing to the next module.
A certificate of completion for 128+ hours of training will be given to each candidate.
Anatomy Foundations: September 23rd & 24th
Module 1 Teacher Training (Beginner): October 20th – 23rd
Module 2 Teacher Training (Intermediate): November 24th – 27th
$1870 + HST
Early Bird Special $1700 + HST (Registered and paid by September 9th, 2016).
Workshops are additional cost to the teacher training – 50% off regular price.
* Note that minimum of 2 students required. Dates might be subject to change