KNEE WORKSHOP: Imagery & Exercise for Strong, Flexible, Healthy Knees
Taught by NICOLE PILLER, Franklin Method Educator and Certified Pilates & Yoga Instructor
Date: Saturday October 13, 2018: 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Location: Nicole Piller Pilates & Yoga Studio: 6 Woodrow Ave., Toronto
(Coxwell & Danforth, 5 minutes from Coxwell subway station)
The knees are the largest joints in the body. The knees must be flexible, stable, and strong in order to move us through space and carry up to several times our body weight when we walk or run. As the midway point between the hips and the feet, the knees deal with a large weight load. Tension and incorrect alignment or training can cause imbalances in the muscles or strain in the ligaments of the knees. We will learn about the knee joint and use imagery with movement to create buoyant and strong knees for life.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The design and the functions of the knees
- Imagery for correct alignment and healthy movement of the knees
- How the knees relate to the upper and lower leg
- How to wake up proprioceptors in the knees to help improve function
- Imagery and movement to improve function, balance, flexibility, and overall health of the knees
Price: $50 + HST. Early Bird Special is $45 + HST (Registered and paid for before October 2, 2018)
Space is limited to a maximum of 7 people.
For more information call: (416) 729-0367, or email: email@example.com