Join me for 2 FRANKLIN METHOD WORKSHOPS!
Taught by NICOLE PILLER, Franklin Method Educator and Certified Pilates & Yoga Instructor
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Location: Nicole Piller Pilates & Yoga Studio: 6 Woodrow Ave., Toronto
Pelvic Power for Core Integration: (1:30–3:00 pm)
This workshop will provide you with an understanding of the pelvis, how the bones of the pelvis move, and how balanced movement of the pelvic bones not only supports healthy function and alignment of the pelvis and organs, but also of the spine, knees, shoulders and feet. In this workshop you will learn:
- The design and function of the pelvis.
- Effortless alignment and balance for the pelvis and the whole body by learning and having an embodied experience of how bone rhythms of the pelvis create safe and efficient movement.
- How the pelvis supports good posture and how to train good posture.
- Increased freedom and flexibility in the hip joints, low back, and even the knees!
- How to effectively work and strengthen the pelvic floor using imagery with ball and band exercises, and in everyday activities (no equipment required!).
Healthy Spine: Imagery & Exercise for a Healthy, Strong & Flexible Spine: (3:30–5:00 pm)
The spine is a masterpiece of design that has many muscles, ligaments, and over 100 joints. Many people suffer from debilitating pain associated with the spine. In this workshop we will look at what influences spinal health, the design and functions of the spine and use imagery with movement exercises to increase mobility, strength, decompress the spine and relieve tension.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Imagery exercises to strengthen muscles, joints, and intervertebral discs of the spine.
- Imagery and movement to improve flexibility and overall well-being.
- Optimal posture.
- Franklin Ball massage and soft tissue release for the back.
- To understand the cues in exercise (Pilates, Yoga, Dance, Personal Training) that support optimal function.
Price: Each workshop is $49 + HST. Early Bird price for each workshop is $44 + HST (Registered and paid for before January 22, 2018).
*Take both workshops and SAVE: $80 + HST (for both workshops). Space is limited to a maximum of 7 people.
For information email: email@example.com, or call: (416) 729-0367.